The Annual Bar & Young Bar conference 2019 will focus on The Modern Bar: our work and our role. The conference will feature a keynote from Rt Hon Baroness Hale of Richmond - who recently delivered the Supreme Court ruling on the government's prorogation of parliament - which will celebrate the second century of women lawyers, as well as keynotes and moderation from a variety of senior judges.
Partner Jon McLeod will be joined by Specialist Bar Association leaders:
- Sonia Tolaney QC, One Essex Court | COMBAR
- Cyrus Larizadeh QC, 4 Paper Buildings | FLBA
- Caroline Goodwin QC, Trinity Chambers, Newcastle | CBA D
- arryl Allen QC, Byrom Street Chambers, Manchester |PIBA
- Amanda Hardy QC, 5 Stone Buildings |Chancery Bar
- Deshpal Panesar, Old Square Chambers | ELBA
Together they will discuss the rule of law, access to justice, court reform, the role and challenges for the independent Bar and inclusivity at the Bar.